Lamont's Green Team is a group of students and staff who work together to make Lamont High a more environmentally friendly place.
Students that are interested in environmental stewardship are encouraged to join as together we all must be caretakers of this planet!
2017 - 2018 School Year:
- Ms. Reynold's acquired a grant for an aquaponics system that will be utilized by the Foods classes
- more to come!!!
2016 - 2017 School Year:
- Received a $1000 Grant which was used to purchase recycling and waste containers
- Donated nearly 100 pairs of shoes to Soles for Souls charity
- Raised and donated money to the World Wildlife Fund in support of Canada's Polar Bears
- Reduce LHS's ecological/carbon footprint
- Adopted a Snow Leopard in Northern Asia
- Placed paper recycling boxes in every classroom
- Renewed the LHS courtyard
- Creating an indoor greenhouse for the foods class
- Further the recycling program to include metals, plastics and compost
- Reduce LHS thermal energy usage
Our first meeting for the 2017 - 2018 school year will be on Wednesday October 18th at LUNCH in Rm. 129 (Science Lab).
Please bring your lunch and thoughts regarding the following:
- why are you interested in joining the Green Team
- what would you like to see the Green Team do this year in Lamont High
See you all there!